Thursday, September 17, 2009

A New Pet For Me - Shar Pei (red rose/lilac)

I am such a dog lover. I have a pet dog, a Labrador breed. His name is Rodney and I left him in my hometown. My dad is taking care of him. I haven't seen him for a year and I miss him so much. He's been my therapy when I suffered depression 2 years ago. Now, he is already 5 years old and I can't deny that he is getting old. I don't want to think that he will left us in due time. He is part of the family, just like our youngest bro. I suddenly thought, Rodney needs to have a company. I saw Baggins Shar-Pei, and I fell in love to that dog breed. I rarely seen that kind of breed here in our place, but I really wanted to have one.

I love its deep wrinkles and a blue-black tongue, it looks so cute and cuddly. One thing that I love its appearance is, it has a small, triangular ears, a muzzle shaped like that of a hippopotamus, and a high-set tail also give the Shar Pei a unique look.

Shar Pei come in many different colors such as fawn, red (rose), sand, cream, black, lilac and blue. They resemble the Chow Chow. Shar Pei comes in three different coat types; horse, brush and bear coat. The unusual horse-coat is rough to the touch, extremely prickly and off-standing and is closer to the original traditional Shar Pei breed in appearance and coat type than the Brush or Bear Coat. This coat is fairly prickly, and can be rough or irritating when petting in the opposite direction of the fur. The Horse Coat is generally thought to be more active.

They are a little temperament. They are often suspicious of strangers, which could be a guard dog. The breed has proved itself to be a loving, devoted family dog. They are also a very independent and reserved breed. Nevertheless, the Shar Pei is extremely devoted, loyal and affectionate to its family, and is amenable to accepting strangers given time and proper introduction at a young age.

So, I can say, this breed is perfect for me and my family. Now, I am really planning to adopt one with a red (rose) color or a lilac one!

2 comments:

  1. They are always a good companion for us. Take care of him.

    http://animebin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Gany! Yeah, it feels like my heart melted when i saw shar pei puppies at the petshop. They are so adorable an looking sleepy. :-D

    ReplyDelete