As I frequently posts about gadgets. I came up to share with you some of the dumb inventions we could ever see and use (you never know, you might need these).
We saw many astounding technological inventions, it revolutionized the way we live, work and think. And yes, we are dependent to them now. But technological advances in the earlier part of 20th century, weren't made to be in our history, why? Because they are a little stupid... nah, just plainly StUpId!!! and you may not avoid to burst in laughter, you are allowed anyway (",)
Just consider this examples:
1. Curves Barrel Machine Gun (1953) - The machine gun was intended to arm tanks, more precisely to protect them in the "dead zone" that cannot be engaged by conventional straight-line machinegun fire. To resolve the problems of disabled or trapped tanks it was decided to mount such machineguns on the turret hatch.The tankmen were not very enthusiastic about it, to say the least. Consequently, the idea to protect tanks by curved barrel machineguns was abandoned and all activity to this effect came to an end.
All I want to say is, if you own one, just in case... Watch out where you're shooting, buddy.
2. Anti-Bandit Bag (1963) - Invented by John H T Rinfret. To foil thieves the chain is pulled and the bottom of the case falls out so the contents are scattered over the floor. That'll stop those thieves from getting at the contents of your bag! No, it won't.
Oh, the one who is demonstrating how the bag works, he is Mr. Rainfret.
3. Cup Bras, (1949) - Charles L. Langs poses with his strapless, backless, wireless, support-less bras. Hmmm.... Triangular cup shaped bra... well, her wife beside him tell, looks dubious.
4. Finnish Portable Sauna (1962) - well, it looks comfy!
5. Baby Cage (1937) A nanny supervising a baby suspended in a wire cage attached to the outside of a high tenement block window. The cages were distributed to members of the Chelsea Baby Club in London who have no gardens, or qualms about putting a child in a box dangling over a busy street.
This really distract me, and oh, purely stupid!!! double, triple stupidity. What kind of parents would let their nanny do this? I won't even want one.
6. Rainy Day Cigarette Holder (1954) - Robert L. Stern, smoking a cigarette from his self-designed rainy day cigarette holder.
Cool! This can hit the sales :)
Well, that's it for now. I'll share you more next time. And oh, just wanna say this, the inventions above may look weird, funny and even stupid, but lets consider that, they gave the new inventors the idea to create more great things that could make our lives comfortable and we enjoy them now. I myself, respect the inventors that makes new things to make our life easier.
Have a great day, everybody.