Sunday, August 16, 2009

Steps to Increase Blog Traffic

Being new to blogging, like me is not that easy, there are lots to things to learn to become a successful blogger. I keep on researching tips/steps on how to become one and I found some great tips on how to increase traffic. Everyday, before I write a post, I read this. I know this is not easy, considering that I am not a gifted writer, I just do blogging because for the hobby and I like sharing ideas.

I know, one of the problem that a blogger encounter is what topic should you post, and it always happen on me.

Here are some steps that could help how to increase your reader:

1. Write a Killer article.
A killer article is a long and structured article that has a goal of delivering a huge amount of value to potential visitors. Some ideas for killer articles are

  • create a giant list of resources

  • write a detailed tutorial teaching people how to do something

  • find a solution for a common problem

  • write a deep analysis on a topic where people have only talked superficially



2. Netwotking.

  • comment to other blogs

  • linking to your posts of bloggers in your niche

  • interacting with the bloggers in your niche via email, IM or Twitter.


3. Promote your post.
Whenever you publish one, you should push it in any way you can.

  • let other people in your network know about it

  • let bloggers and webmasters in relevant niches know about it

  • get some friends friends to submit the article to social bookmarking sites

  • post the article in online forums or new groups



4. Normal Post.
Normal posts are the ones that you will publish routinely in your blog, between the killer articles.
Here are some ideas for normal posts:

  • a post linking to an article on another blog and containing your opinion about it

  • a post informing your readers about a news in your niche

  • a post asking a question to your readers and aiming to initiate a discussion

  • a post highlighting a new resource or trick that you discovered and that would be useful to your readers



Still, I continue to stick to this steps and looking forward to be a succesful blogger.

1 comment: