Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chocolate Mood


"Once you consume chocolate, chocolate will consume you."

Yeah! That's right... I really had a great mood for chocolate bars this past days, I eat lots of it. When I was in the office, its my substitute to coffee and I munch more for my midnight snacks. You cant blame me, everybody loves chocolate. I love milk chocolates or waffle covered with caramel and chocolates.

And hey, let me share some info about chocolates. I found this when I'm about to go sleep. I was looking for some chocolate brands but I stumbled upon this great site:

1. Did you know that you would have to eat more then a dozen chocolate bars to get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee? There are about 5 to 10 mg's of caffeine in one ounce of bitter chocolate, 5 mgs in milk chocolate, and 10mgs in a six-ounce cup of cocoa.

2. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 ft. Mmmm, its a good source of energy!

3. Chocolate helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumors and Pre-menstrual syndromes.

4. Chocolate does not cause or aggravate acne.(myth)

5. One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.

6. Chocolate can be deadly for dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called "Theobromine" which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles.

7. People spend more than $7 billion dollars a year on chocolate.

8. The per capita consumption of chocolate indicates that each person consumes 12 pounds of chocolate each year.

9. Milk Chocolate is the most preferred type of chocolate, however dark chocolate is especially popular among men.

10. In Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho" chocolate syrup was used to indicate blood in the famous shower scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment