Saturday, August 15, 2009

Smile!

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."


Earlier this morning when I woke up, I'm not feeling well. My head and back is aching and it made me so irritable. Maybe because of the stress from work. Well, I've been working like a dog. But when I was on my way going to work, wearing a grumpy face..., I met a lady who gave me a beautiful warm smile, her eyes looks like encouraging me to be positive. And I suddenly remember I haven't smile since I woke up. There is something in that smile that made me feel great. My grumpiness disappeared and yeah, my day turned out great. It feels like my mind was refresh with just one smile...

From now on, I'm ready to face the day with a good smile!

Facts about Smiles:

1. When someone smiles in is universally known as an expression of happiness which is recognized by almost all cultures.

2. When a person studies laughter they are known as a ‘gelotologist’.

3. There are over 18 different types of smiles that are used in a variety of social situations. For instance, people can use a smile to say a hello, and they can also use a different type of smile to show their understanding of a particular situation.

4. A frown uses more muscles to contract and expand then a smile does.

5. A smile is one of the most used human facial expressions. Smiles can use between 5 to all 53 muscles.

6. Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better.

7. A person that smiles more is deemed to be more pleasant, sincere, attractive and more sociable then a on-smiling person.

8. We are born with the ability to smile, it is not something that we copy. For instance, even blind babies are able to smile.

9. Humans are able to differentiate between a real smile and a fake smile by seeing the difference in a persons eyes when they smile.

10. Newborns tend to have more preference for a person with a smile then a person that is not smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment