Sunday, May 16, 2010

More of Aliwan Fiesta Photos

Last month, April 22, I attended the Aliwan Festival Dance showdown in Mall of Asia. I shared some of my photos, but I still have more photos to share with you. Anyway, please, I am not a good story teller but I hope you'll like these. :)

Firstly,

Float made from flowers.

This is the representative from the north, from Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines. The Panagbenga Festival is one of the most popular festival in the country. It is celebrated on the month of February, as the flowers are starting to bloom and as a way to rise up from the devastation of the 1990 Luzon earthquake. I was able to go to Baguio last year and I love to go back there.

And this one is the representative from the southern part of the country.



Their festival represents their major source of living--fishing. And not to tell you Visayas and Mindanao areas have the most beautiful beaches in the country. Next summer, me and friends will surely going there.

I love the colorful float from Mindanao. This part of the country was almost influenced by Malaysian tradition. This is one of my favorite.



Sinulog Festival is one of the best festival I could say. Celebrated every third Sunday of January, to honor the vision of the child Jesus, known as the Santo Niño (Holy Child),who used to be the patron Saint of the City of Cebu One of the best you'll experience when you go to Cebu City. From its beautiful beaches, historical places to see and the food are great! They love grilled sea foods. Oh, I miss the times when I went to Cebu, one of the best trips I experienced.



Sinulog Festival float.




Came all the way from Iloilo, here is the is a religious and cultural festival--Dinagyang Festival. Held every fourth Sunday of January, or right after the Sinulog In Cebu and the Ati-Atihan in Aklan. To honor the Santo Niño and to celebrate the arrival on Panay of Malay settlers and the subsequent selling of the island to them by the Atis.

Most festivals here, are done to honor out Patron Saint and to celebrate a good harvest.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos......they all reflect the colorful culture of our people and country.

    ReplyDelete