Friday, May 7, 2010

Tasty Treat!


My housemate gave me this tasty treat called espasol. Well, I don't know if there is a specific english name for this but its sometimes called rice cake. It is made from rice flour cooked in coconut milk and sweetened coconut strips, dusted with toasted rice flour.

This a cylinder-shaped rice cake originated in the province of Laguna. If I am not mistaken, we have our own version of espasol in Bicol, but it we use the same main ingredients.

This is usually perfect for dessert but late this afternoon, I ate lots of these for snacks. I'm so full that I didn't need to eat my dinner.

Thanks Jovie!

7 comments:

  1. enge naman..hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syet Jen I'm craving na tuloy. Penge nga ang buntis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the things I miss about the Philippines. Sarap yan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how i miss this espasol esp yung maraming coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, how I love espasol....I could eat a dozen of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @all hi thanks so much for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum, i miss this so much; patikim ha :-)

    ReplyDelete