Friday, June 12, 2009

Kristen Stewart on Metro Magazine

Here is what I'm gonna share with you today, last time, the Metro Magazine got to interview Taylor Lautner and Director Weitz. This time they interviewed Kristen Stewart.

For full story click here:



So what does Kristen prefer, the werewolf or the vampire?

Kristen shouldn’t open her mouth (Laughs). Kristen is entirely torn. Kristen should stop using her name in the third person.

You were virtually unknown when you shot Twilight. How has your life changed since its phenomenal success?

My life hasn’t changed. Most circumstances I find myself in are different than they were a year ago, but I myself haven’t changed...however a normal 18-year-old girl would change in a year. But it makes things so much easier. I would do it for free every day [even] if nobody saw it. I cannot describe how good it feels to actually have something that is truly into your heart and soul actually affecting people. And that’s amazing. So that’s the biggest change.

Has success changed you?

It didn’t change me, it changed things around me a little bit...I’m so used to doing movies that nobody wants to see. To put your heart and soul into something for years of your life and have it actually affect people is probably the most satisfying, and that is a completely ineffective word to describe how satisfying it is.

Do you feel a responsibility towards the author's fans and the movie fans?

Yeah, absolutely. It’s a strange thing. You start something and you know that it’s going to take on a life of its own, but its already something so whole -- there are so many people that you’re going to inevitably either make happy or not. Everyone’s understanding of the story and love for it is going to show, even though there are little issues that everyone’s going to have because everybody reads the book differently. So of course we have a massive responsibility. Because of them, we’re able to do what we like to do.

What was it like coming back to a different director?

As an actor, you don’t work with the same director on every film. And this, it’s a continuation. It’s the same story but it is a different movie. I love Catherine (Hardwicke). She’s a dear friend of mine, but Chris (Weitz) – it just works out.

Besides all the technical, logistical reasons, Chris is so devoted and because he’s a man, there’s a common question. How is it having a man director? Is it a huge difference? You can’t make generalizations about people like that. He’s one of the most compassionate human beings I’ve ever met. Unfalteringly compassionate. He cares way too much for the story, and you need that. So he’s perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I really like with your blog...

    Coz I can get information about profile actress/actors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi thanks so much. For the love of twilight saga, i made this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hai,, jenny...

    do you know when the second part of the twilight saga "new moon" release...

    coz, fans of the twilight saga in indonesia wait for the movie...

    I look for to you soon...

    ReplyDelete